Friday, October 26, 2007

Update on Ron

Today I had to have my Avastan and while I was getting it, one of the nurses ask us how he was doing. We hadn't really heard. Barry went up to see him and he was being put on life support. He said there was so much activity in that room, as you can imagine. Apparently one of his lungs collapsed and because of his condition they decided to put him on life support. Carolyn is a mess, who wouldn't be? They have been going through this for 3 years now. I don't believe it has been this severe, as far as life support.

While I was sitting getting the medicine, Ron's sister walked in my room. She is exhausted with the whole thing too. She is the one that gave him the bone marrow transplant. They are also going to put him on dialysis when he is able.

She looked at me today and said I can't do this again. I lost my sister, my brother and my dad because of sugar and dialysis. Please pray for her too, if you don't mind.

If you would like to send them a word of encouragement please email me and I will give you their address.
realbusygranny@yahoo.com Please put in the subject line: Ron or address in case I don't know who you are.

Thank you all so much for caring. God bless. Love you!

Love and appreciate you so very, very much.

6 comments:

Terry said...

Oh Arlene ..
This is so sad...
I will write you a letter for them.
Please tell them we will be praying for all three of them. Ron, Carolyn and the sister.
Poor Carolyn...I don't know HOW she can be taking all of this....Love Terry

KayMac said...

thank you for letting us know. we will be praying for all

Trish said...

Oh Arlene... she needs our encouragement, she will feel so
alone! Thank you for the update.

Amrita said...

Really sorry to hear about Ron and Carolyn and sister.Such a difficult time.

Amrita said...

How is Ron? Oct. 31st.

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Amitra, Barry went up to see Ron and Carolyn today and they are beginning to wean him off of the oxygen and also told Carolyn that it could be up to 6 months before he is up to himself again.